Friday, April 15, 2011

Next day

After a terrifying episode yesterday, I manged to get nearly 11 hours of sleep. I went into work today and everything seems mostly normal. My memory seems a little screwy yet but I have no pain from my spinal area. There is a small sensation between my shoulder blades so I am not sure if I pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve. I haven't had to take ibuprofen at all. So clearly I am going to take a few days off from working out and go real light when I go back to it for quite some time. In an effort to relax some muscle, I drove out to the Lifestyle gym near Carmel and sat in the hot tub - 15 minutes with the jets on and nearly five minutes with them off. There are days where the hot tub makes all the difference and today felt like one of those days. I come out lobster red and feel kind of bloated but my chest, shoulders, and back feel much better.

I seriously hope that last night's episode was an anomaly. I have been extremely stressed lately with the job search and the feeling as though I will NEVER FIND A FUCKING THING, despite the fact I spend about six hours a night on job searching, application submitting, and researching companies which leads to little or no sleep which leads to much caffeine consumed, which leads to exceedingly heavy workouts, on top of working seven days a week without end, ad infinitum. I seriously hope it was just from fatigue and exhaustion and nothing else.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to hear that you are feeling a little better. The memory along with the numbness I would think are merely a coincidence. Even though you may not be in a lot of pain to take Ibuprofen, it is good for decreasing inflammation. So might help the sensation go away faster.

    As for the job stuff, you are going above and beyond. Make sure you take care of yourself. See you later.

    ReplyDelete