Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nearing

Had myself a pretty wild weekend. A friend of mine had her baby, another friend partook in some triathlon action and kicked some ass. I missed the event because of work but we had some hefty lunches after my shift ended. I got self-righteous with a sandwich shop and a cashier at Wal-Mart. I couldn't find this shoe shop supposedly near the pyramids and ended up wandering the city for a while. Sat in a hot tub a lot. And got my hours in working the gym. I have to say that was a whole lot more than working and eating which is how my weekends usually go.

Due to last week's scare I took off four days from lifting weights. Today, being my first day back, decided to radically change things up since my test for the police department is coming up in a few days. I am only going to get my running in and do bodyweight exercises and get out in under an hour. This is major for me as I am not going in entirely to bulk up, at least for this week. Shorter exercise times to keep me from fatiguing out when I am really going to need all I have, no squats, and still all the pushups I can possibly take. Yes, I probably should have been doing something like this for at least three weeks by now but how would I get another pound of mass gained this month?

Needless to say this weekend will also be nuts and then next weekend I am finally getting my CPR/AED certifications. Does this mean things are starting to turn around? I'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment