Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Double up

Due to circumstances involving a potentially former co-worker, I ended up on tap to run a double shift at the gym last Sunday. 13 hours of scanning keytags, answering phones, reading, weightlifting talk, and earning a pretty decent amount of commission. Somehow that really wore me out at the end of the day. In the middle of the day, I went down to Subway for some lunch. The plan was to buy two footlongs, one for a late lunch, and then one for dinner while I work on closing. I bought those and then found out that the Borders near the Fashion Mall is closing, so I hauled my ass down there and found some books and magazines on fitness that I have been wanting for a long time. Then I almost lost my mind and picked up a ton of manga, comics, and all sorts of silly crap. As the line crept forward, I dumped out everything but the fitness stuff. I got back to the gym and ate a footlong. An hour later, I ate the other footlong, and then after work I dropped by McDonald's for dinner because a sweet tea really sounded like a delicious drink and then ended up with nuggets, fries and all that. I don't normally eat like that but I just could not get full all day.

Anyway, one of the books I picked up was "Huge in a Hurry" which is a book on strength training that will build size. It's basically high weight, high sets, with very low reps in order to, in theory, stress the muscles out entirely. You are supposed to fail on the tenth set and while I have been working these exercises in, I find it hard to just go to failure when I have at least five more chest exercises on the dock I can't wait to get to. Anyway, I have been taking in any amount of information on fitness that I can over the last five years in order to keep things fresh and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment