Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dragon Quest 6

Dragon Quest 6 came out today for the DS and it was one of those rare games I actually pre-ordered. Why? Because it came with an adorable plush slime! That's the straightest sentence you will ever read!

Now a little history here. Dragon Quest 5 and 6 and the remakes of the first three games were all canceled in America back during the SNES days. Long story short, these games finally come out in America and I will be damned if I am going to miss them. Dragon Quest 5 turned out to be a bit of a letdown, but I am totally fine with that because I finally got to play it and own it.

Knowing that Dragon Quest 6 will finally complete my collection I pre-ordered and went in to pay for the game and the guidebook because I must own anything with Dragon Quest plastered across it. Along the way, I have to make my case with the cashier on how I am entitled to my adorable slime because that was part of the deal and I would not have bothered even walking in there had I not gotten my cute thing. He then tells me that he thought they had no guides and that I should have pre-ordered that too, and I should go ahead and pre-order the 3DS since I am already there, and why not go ahead and upgrade my shopper card while I am at it? Now I just finished a real good workout and I was pumped, hungry, and wanted a nap. Doing anything beyond handing me my damned game, book, and toy and watching me walk out the door is standing in the way of progress. So I find myself getting really crappy with this guy as he is continuing to try to sell me more crap I have no desire to own.

Which brings me to why I no longer go to a GameStop. Just let me buy what I want to buy. I want no comments, no small talk, no attempts as selling a pre-order, guide, or magazine. I want none of it. And I especially want none of it after a workout. I would gladly drop money at a store that does that, oh wait, one does. Fry's Electronics.

No comments:

Post a Comment