Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Charlie Sheen Roast

So last night, I went against all better thought and watched the Charlie Sheen Roast. Given that this guy has basically made a career out of imploding and flameouts, I expected some funny. Too bad I was wrong. Dead wrong. First off, Seth Macfarlane hosted. That douchebag is absolutely unfunny and in addition to smug, he is in love with the sound of his own voice. That's a big ass strike right there. And then they threw in some dude I never heard of and thought he was also a smug asshole. The entire thing came off as over-produced and trying so very hard to be hip and edgy what with the audience constantly making the same stupid reaction to every joke. It was so bad I drove one of my friends down to the gas station so he could buy cigarettes and I could buy a muscle milk and get away from that horrible trainwreck of a tv show. In short, it was as funny as being diagnosed with cancer. Do not watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment