Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Reveal

I finally got around to having a talk with my old personal trainer manager from Lifestyle Family Fitness regarding my desire to become a part time personal trainer. Now with Lifestyle Family Fitness gone, you may say that I am at least four months behind on this talk. But since we are both Life Time employees, albeit at different locations, I felt it pertinent to discuss personal training as an option.

I may have mentioned it before, but my entire reason for going to Lifestyle Family Fitness was to become a trainer, work weekends, and bring fitness to a wide variety of people's lives. Thing is, I discussed that with exactly one person: the personal trainer area manager. And shortly after we discussed it, he got demoted. So I dropped the subject knowing he was not going to be in the state of mind to properly help me get where I wanted to be. Then I got laid off from the school and I decided to just go for it. And then my personal trainer manager took a job out of state. With a new manager, I waited for my time. And then I came up for operations supervisor. Then the company closed and we all got folded into a different, much larger, much more successful company.

I don't know if it was just the time to do so, but I felt I needed to get this reveal off my chest, that somehow I can stop carrying some crazy idea I had running around my head. They don't need part time trainers at his location and I am perfectly fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment