Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rest

During my workout Monday, I noticed my shoulder was popping with each and every single exercise. It was definitely not painful but consistent enough to make me take notice. So on Tuesday I woke up extremely tight in my shoulders and that's when I knew the time has come to take time off from working out my upper body. I took off Tuesday entirely and let my entire body tighten up like my shoulders. Same goes for Wednesday but I have come to the realization that doing cardio would help things quite a bit. I can ride a bike and not put stress on my shoulders and the blood flow should loosen me up a bit. So I did just that. 35 minutes of cardio since five were spent talking and riding. Obviously one day of cardio will not undue the nearly two years of not doing any cardio, but it has loosened me up just a little bit. It could be that and a combination of the rest in general. I guess I should look at the big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment