Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Active Recovery

A new year means I finally remember to post on this thing. Long story short, last year started out unbelievably crappy but turned out to be somewhat alright. I also hit my goal weight of 225 pounds. Among other things, my shoulder is fixed though I have made it musclebound and limited its range of motion in an attempt to get the damned thing to hold together. Now that it's been solid for about four months it's time to work on loosening it up a bit so I can finally do dips, pullups, and climb again.

With that said, after a lot of research I am going to basically lift like a bodybuilder the next couple months. I will be doing one body part a day and will be doing 30-45 minutes of cardio 3 times a week. This will give my shoulder a much needed break and the cardio will hopefully keep me from gaining a ton of weight. I started last night on the bike and then did a good solid hour of legs. It is weird to only have one body part that is feeling it after a workout.

Let's see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment